A quick breather
Now that my two hardest finals – biochem and physics – are over, I can take things a bit easier.
Though finals week is, by definition, not the most stress-free time of the year, it does not have to be as grueling as some people make it seem. A friend of mine, who is an electrical engineering major, expressed to me how finals week is actually his favorite time of year (what?). Here are some reasons why finals season does not suck!
- No more classes: this means we actually have more time to study and can manage our time independently of a set schedule besides actually showing up to take the test / turning in a paper when you’re scheduled to
- No more club meetings: though I do love extracurriculars, it can be tough to balance the time spent on those, studying, and doing other fun things. It’s a huge relief to have a break from these commitments and just focus on studying being the main priority
- Therapy dogs at the rec for stress relief!
- Free food! Random samples of 5-hour energy!
- The start of basketball season!
- The feeling of accomplishment when you get through each test or paper
- Going home at the end of it all!
And, last but not least:
- Counting down to the next semester for a whole new set of classes!