Posted by Shing Ann Yeh on Tuesday, May 7, 2013
I can’t believe that half of my college career is almost over. My last final was conquered on Thursday, so voila, I am now officially an upperclassman. I’m still recovering from the stress of Finals, so I’ll let you in on what is going on this summer.
1. Dallas! While Vanderbilt’s graduating seniors celebrate Commencement from May 8-10, my sister will be walking across the stage to graduate from Rice. Of course, that means that this week is Senior Week for her, so she’s off in New Orleans! While I could have crashed at her condo for a week by my lonesome self, I thought it would be so much more exciting to hang out with my friends Trevor and Sam for a few days!
2. Houston! Remember when I went to CCSMF last year and made awesome friends? Two of them live just ten minutes away from my sister’s condo, so we’ll get to spend a magical day together! Then, I’ll chill, but actually sweat a lot, in Houston for another week with my sister, who I have not seen in almost a year. sister sister bonding time!
3. Home! Maryland, here I come! Thanksgiving was the last time I was back in Maryland, because of the Vanderbilt Orchestra China Trip and BCM Spring SPOTS. It will be good to be back in this state which produced America’s first umbrellas!
4. NMF! A couple of hours away from my city, the National Music Festival is a two-week festival in Chestertown, MD. This festival is going to be so fast-paced and fun! We are going to be performing two concerts a week; that is a lot of repertoire and not a lot of rehearsal time, so we’ll really be giving it full force!
5. Brevard! Seven weeks of awesome! Here, I’m going to be studying with Professor Wang, my professor back at school, and playing in the orchestra. There is so much great repertoire and so much time to bond with other musicians and make some amazing music together!
6. Maryland! Back home for a week or two before heading back to…
7. Nashville! Wow, I know that the summer is going to fly by and in no time at all I’ll be back “home” at Vanderbilt . There’s going to be a BCM Leadership Retreat, then Move-In Day which I am so pumped for, possibly SEGUE which is the Blair-older-kids-meet-younger-kids and teach them the Blair ways, and then school, whoopee!
Posted in Academics, Art, Blair School of Music, College Life, Family, General Information, Music, Nashville, Student Life, Summer and tagged: BCM, Blair, brevard, dallas, home, houston, Nashville, nmf, segue, Vanderbilt
Academics Admissions Admissions Links Alternative Spring Break Alumni Art Athletics Blair School of Music Blog Books College Life College of Arts and Science Commons Communications Conference Creative Writing Culture Dance Dining Diversity Early Decision Economics Engineering Exams Extracurriculars Fall Break Family Finals Food Football Freshman Life General Information Grad School Greek Life Health Health Care Housing International Student Internship Jobs Learning Style Living Learning Community Maymester Movies Music Nashville Nature New Year Parking Peabody College Pre-Med Professors Religious Life Rites of Spring Scholarships Service Speakers Speakers Committee Spring Break Student Leadership Student Life Student Organizations Study Abroad Studying Summer Teachers Thanksgiving Break Traditions Travel Undergraduate Research Vanderbilt Internships Vanderbilt Programming Board VUcept Weather Winter Break Work Study Year in Review