Why I Love Vandy in the Fall Semester
With Fall semester officially being over, I’m reminiscing about all the good times. Coming from South Florida, there isn’t much of a seasonal weather change. It pretty much stays warm all year long. So being at Vanderbilt in the fall, with an actual fall season, has been a delightful experience. Spring semester is great, but here are some reasons why fall semester has a special place in my heart:
- The leaves: This one is pretty self-explanatory. Like I said, I had never really experienced a real fall until I came to Vanderbilt. Being an arboretum, Vanderbilt has trees pretty much everywhere you look, and in the fall they transform Vandy into a gorgeous canvas of reds, oranges, and yellows as far as the eye can see. I can never get enough of the leaves, and take probably a hundred pictures of all the beautiful trees around campus.
- Warm drinks: Fall weather gives me a great excuse to drink hot chocolate and coffee all the time. If I’m craving a warm drink to keep the chill away, I always head to Local Java. They offer a variety of different coffees and warm drinks, and I made it my mission this semester to work through the entire menu, and it was pretty successful.
- Fall clothing: Getting to break out all my fashionable sweaters and jackets?! Amazing.
- Snow?! It snowed in November this year, and my Florida girl soul was absolutely dying from excitement. It may have only snowed about one inch, but it was still quite a memorable time running around like a little kid outside in the snow.
- Thanksgiving break: Enjoying a whole week off at home to recharge for finals? Doesn’t get much better than that.
There’s tons more reasons why I love Vanderbilt, but writing them all out would be impossible. Fall semester may be over, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t plenty to love about spring semester too. I’m enjoying my Winter Break for now, but I can’t wait to get back to school in January either.