The Best Restaurants in Nashville for Students
Campus dining is great, but sometimes it’s nice to eat food off campus. One of the best things about Vanderbilt is the Taste of Nashville program, which allows students to eat at restaurants around Nashville and pay using meal money or commodore cash. Based on careful research throughout the year (just kidding, just me and my friends going out to eat a bunch), I’ve compiled a list of the best restaurants to check out in Nashville.
- Nada – Contemporary Mexican restaurant that is on the Commodore Card.
- Chuy’s – More casual, typical Mexican food that’s on the card. Cheaper than Nada, and is really good for big groups.
- Bartaco – A trendy sit-down Mexican restaurant with yummy tacos that is on the Commodore Card.
- Bella Napoli – Cute little Italian restaurant that is not too far of a walk from campus. Not on the Commodore card, but totally worth it for the delicious pizza and pasta. Cannot go wrong ordering anything there.
- Michaelangelo’s Pizza – Italian restaurant that is on the Commodore Card, but the reason I love this place so much is that they will deliver right to your dorm. You can order it straight off the GET app, which is perfect for when you’re cramming for an exam but are really craving pizza.
- Pfunky Griddle – Although it is a little bit of a trek from campus, this cute little breakfast place is fun and unique. It’s main selling point is that there are griddles on the table, and you cook everything yourself, including eggs, French toast, and pancakes. Makes for really cute pictures!
- Milk and Honey – This brunch place in the Gulch is always crowded, but for a good reason. The food is amazing, and if you can get a table, the wait is totally worth it. While you wait, you can take a picture with the angel wings mural right outside.
- Biscuit Love – Although the line is usually out the door, once you taste the biscuits you will understand why. There are multiple locations around Nashville, including one in the Gulch, but the one on the Commodore Card is on Belcourt Ave.
- Proper Bagel – If you love bagels and just yummy brunch food in general, this is definitely the place for you. It’s perfect for a morning outing with friends.
- Caviar and Bananas – A cafeteria style café that is only a few minutes’ walk from Commons, Caviar and Bananas never disappoints with its options, including hot foods and a make your own salad bar. It’s also on the Commodore Card.
- Hopdoddy – If you like a good burger, look no further than down the street from Commons. This restaurant has amazing burgers, milkshakes, and fries, and is also conveniently across the street from Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream and is on the Commodore Card.
- Nama – Nama has a great selection of sushi and other Japanese foods and is not too far of a walk from main campus. Monday and Thursday nights are the best to go since it is half price sushi, although there can be a short wait sometimes. Also convenient that it is on the Commodore Card!
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream – Just a few minute walk from you dorm on Commons, Jeni’s is dangerously good. It’s unique variety of flavors and delicious smell as soon as you walk in the door is sure to have you coming back time and time again.
These are only a few of the hundreds of delicious restaurants that can be found around Nashville. If you have any suggestions, or even just a question, feel free to reach out to me!