Spring Semester Look-Ahead
With Fall semester wrapped up, there is only a few weeks before Spring semester begins! With Spring comes a whole new semester of activities and events. If you’re interested in what Spring semester at Vanderbilt looks like, here’s a look-ahead at what to expect, both on-campus and around Nashville:
- Basketball season: Tailgate season and football games may be over, but other sports are just kicking into gear. Head over to Memorial Gym for both men and women’s basketball games to cheer on the Dores every week and experience the Memorial Magic. Go Dores!
- Baseball season: Who wouldn’t love watching the NCAA Champions playing their game? Check out Hawkins Field and watch the Vandy Boys work their magic this season.
- Music City Yoga Festival: Happening on February 15th, this is a great way to get off campus and explore Nashville activities some more. You can also discover your inner yogi and balance your energies before buckling down for the second half of the semester.
- St. Patrick’s Day: Enjoy the first tailgate of Spring and get festive to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. It’s a great way to relax and enjoy the weather as it starts getting warmer in Nashville.
- Food Truck Feast: Happening in East Nashville on April 4th, this is a good way to try new foods and give yourself a break from the meal plan, as well as explore a part of Nashville that you probably don’t get around to all that often.
- Rites of Spring: Two days of tailgating and concerts right before finals is the perfect way to end the semester. There’s tons of great performers every year, and it’s a great last hurrah before buckling down and studying for finals. Not only is this a Vanderbilt event, it’s also open to the public and is a big Nashville event every year.
- Rock N Roll Marathon and Half Marathon: Scheduled for April 25th, it is a big event in Nashville with streets closed, live bands everywhere, and lots of people. Sign up to run yourself, or go cheer on others!
Besides these events, there is always activities going on in Nashville from Predators games to concerts to festivals. One of the best parts of going to Vanderbilt is the fact that it is in Nashville. Nashville is a great city with tons going on all the time, and the best way to experience it is to get out there and go to events. Even just staying on campus and trying new activities can add a whole other dimension to your Vanderbilt experience. Happy exploring!