OMG I graduated from Vanderbilt!
Hello everyone! Hello, hello!
Wow, it seems like just yesterday…
Actually, I’m not going to go down that road. Because while I definitely remember how I felt on the first Move-In Day and can remember very clearly my initial impressions of Vanderbilt from receiving my admit letter, to touring, to Move-In Day, it has definitely seemed as if it has been four years, not four seconds. I can’t believe how much I’ve grown in that time and all the fantastic people I’ve met.
Cliche, cliche, Sophie. And so it is.
I hope to write a very not-sappy very-real blog post (if you have read my blogs, you know how I roll) on all the feelings about graduation day. And there are SO. MANY. FEELINGS.
Just to keep you guessing what’s coming up in my next blog posts, I’ll write a few summary points of the last two days:
1. Venus Williams commiserated with me on the math major
2. Chancellor Zeppos gave me a shoutout
3. I talked about Christianity as part of an Interfaith cohort for a minute in front of 3,000 people
4. I dropped my hat (mortarboard?) literally 10 times on the way to graduate
5. I left so many wonderful friends who are going to do so many wonderful things and although I haven’t cried yet, other people have.
Am I sappy? Am I ancient? Am I irrelevant?
:) Talk to y’all later. Any questions about Vanderbilt? Hit me up! And yes, my firstname.lastname@example.org email still works. Incredible!