While abroad, I have to study courses that apply either to my major or minor (I can take other classes, but I won’t get AXLE credit). So far I haven’t found any theatre courses online but I’m hoping when I go through orientation I’ll find a theatre class I can take! Here are a bunch of neuroscience related courses (or lectures, as they call it) that have been approved by Vandy:
- Physiology 1001 – Mammalian Physiology
- Biology 1008 – General Biochemistry
- Biology 2006 – Introduction to Human Genetics
- Pharmacy 1001 – Introduction to Mechanisms of Drug Action
- Psychology 2208 – Cognition and Language
- Psychology 1201 – Memory and Decision
- Psychology 2205 – Brain and Behaviour (notice the u!)
- Physiology 2006 – Cellular Neurophysiology
- Anatomy 2008 – Developmental Neurobiology
I’ll most likely take three or four of these courses—if I take three then I’d take a fourth in another department and it will be the equivalent of taking 15 hours at Vanderbilt. I won’t actually register for classes until I cross the pond but my friend who went to UCL last year said she didn’t have a problem with classes filling up early.
Also I know it looks like I’m trying to take easy classes because they all start with the number 1 or 2, but in England students start to specialize in high school and essentially complete all general education requirements. By the time they reach college, they’re already past all the introductory courses. So even though I’ll be taking 1000 and 2000 classes, they should be at the perfect level for me.