- #1 Best Financial Aid, Princeton Review, 2021
- 65% Of undergrads receive some form of financial assistance
- $41.5 million in scholarships for 2019/2020 first-year students
Vanderbilt makes three commitments to cultivate a community of talented intellectuals from all social, cultural, and economic backgrounds.
- For U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens, your ability to pay is not part of the admission decision.
When we read your application, we consider academics, school and community involvement, and other factors, but not your family’s financial situation. Not all colleges offer this guarantee, but Vanderbilt does.
- We meet 100% of your family’s demonstrated financial need.
Not all schools commit to fully meeting your demonstrated need, but Vanderbilt does. Some schools use income cutoffs that might restrict your eligibility to receive more assistance. Vanderbilt does not.
- Your financial aid award will not include loans.
Our aid awards include scholarship money that does not require repayment. Some Schools include loans in aid awards. Vanderbilt does not.
"Getting into college is one thing, but that doesn't always mean you can afford it. Lucky for me, Vanderbilt is one of the most financially inclusive schools"