Learn more about Vanderbilt via VirtualVU
This fall, Vanderbilt’s campus — like the rest of the world — looks a little different than normal. Students, faculty, and staff are anchoring down and stepping up to keep campus healthy and safe during the pandemic. That means finding creative ways of getting to know one another and of staying healthy in body and mind. It also means some current students are experiencing Vanderbilt virtually from their own homes.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions also looks a little different this fall, since our in-person events for prospective students are currently suspended as we do our part to anchor down and step up for the VU community. While we aren’t able to welcome prospective students on campus, we’re offering you a wide range of online opportunities to learn about Vanderbilt through our VirtualVU series of webinars and live-streamed events. Here’s a look at the different kinds of sessions available:
- Online Information Sessions include an overview of Vanderbilt’s academic programs, campus life, admissions process, and financial aid opportunities, as well as an opportunity for you to submit questions during the session.
- Application Process Webinars give you the opportunity to hear from Vanderbilt admissions officers as they share advice on the college search and application process.
- Student Panels and Live Tours include panel discussions with current students as well as live academic and area tours in which Vanderbilt Tour Guides show you different areas of campus, including academic and social spaces.
- Academic and Campus Spotlight Sessions feature students, faculty, and campus leaders sharing information about the many academic programs and campus resources available to students.
- Current Student Conversations are opportunities to interact directly with current Vanderbilt students in a small group video conversation about life at VU.
- Blair School of Music Online Information Sessions feature the Blair admissions team presenting an overview of the school’s programs, performance opportunities, and updated audition process.
- Blair School of Music Department Spotlights feature music faculty offering a glimpse into their departments.
- Joint Presentations with other Colleges are opportunities to hear from Vanderbilt and other colleges and universities at one time. The topics vary depending on the group, and include high-level overviews of each institution, highly selective admissions, and a variety of other specialized topics.
Whether you’re just staring your college search or putting the finishing touches on your application, we hope VirtualVU offers something for you. We encourage you to create your own personalized VirtualVU suite by selecting the offerings which interest you most. And no matter what sessions you view, you can always get an in-depth look at Vanderbilt’s campus through our virtual tour, which features student tour guides walking you through 25 locations on campus.
While we look forward to a time when we can welcome you back to campus, we hope you’ll join us for a VirtualVU session (or several!) this fall.