Vanderbilt Community Thrives Amid COVID-19 Challenges
“Unprecedented era,” “trying times,” “uncharted territory.” We’ve all read these words a hundred times. Yes — the world we live in today looks different than it did a few months ago, but amid these challenges, the resilience of the Vanderbilt community remains unshaken.
At Vanderbilt, our faculty, staff, and students continue to do what they do best — rise up to face challenges with creativity, innovation, and compassion. Check out some stories below that exemplify Vanderbilt’s many contributions to our broader society, and the power of our mission to drive positive change above all.
- Collaborative project from VU and VUMC improves intubation box safety for COVID-19 caregivers
- Writing seminar considers chivalry in the age of COVID-19
- Vanderbilt Melodores give a special goodbye to the class of 2020 with a virtual performance
- Vanderbilt Athletics to host virtual 5K; proceeds benefit Feed Our Heroes
- M.P.H. student works front lines of COVID-19 for Native Americans
- Vanderbilt alumni, Chris Mann, BMus’04, records coronavirus-inspired song parodies
- VU Data Science Institute takes on challenge of COVID-19 readiness for Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt