Class of 2019 Decisions Available Online March 22
It’s time to welcome some new Commodores to the Vanderbilt community! Beginning at 3:00 p.m. Central Time Sunday, March 22, admissions decisions for first-year applicants will be available online exclusively in MyAppVU, our online portal for application management. Admitted student welcome packets will follow in the mail next week.
Here are the important details for applicants accessing admissions decisions in MyAppVU:
- As of 3:00 p.m. Central Time on March 22, applicants can log in to the MyAppVU portal to access admissions decisions. In addition, we recently emailed each applicant with a personalized URL which, beginning at 3:00 p.m. on March 22, will lead you directly to your admissions decision and personalized admitted student web page.
- If you have not yet created your MyAppVU account, you must do so now in order to access your decision.
- If you are admitted, use MyAppVU to claim your spot in the Class of 2019 and pay your deposit by May 1, 2015.
- If you are offered a spot on our wait list, you must claim your spot on the wait list via MyAppVU.
- If you experience any difficulty logging in to your MyAppVU account, please email email@example.com for technical assistance.
Thank you. As we release these decisions, we say a big “thank you” to everyone who applied this year as well as to the parents, teachers, counselors, and others who supported applications through their advocacy. We spend a tremendous amount of time getting to know the students who apply, and the efforts you put into your applications are much appreciated. Throughout our review process, we have enjoyed learning about your passions and accomplishments, and we’re truly impressed with what we have seen from students in this applicant pool. As you can see from the class profile summary below, the applications we received this year represent an incredibly accomplished, highly talented, and deeply committed group of students.
Admitted Class of 2019 Profile – Regular Decision only
- Regular Decision applications: 27,822
- Admitted: 2,648
- Admit Rate: 9.5%
- % of admitted students in the top ten percent of their graduating class*: 96%
- Admitted Middle 50% SAT Critical Reading: 750 — 800
- Admitted Middle 50% SAT Math: 750 — 800
- Admitted Middle 50% ACT: 33 — 35
In addition, 100% of students admitted through Regular Decision held major leadership positions or earned significant honors in high school:
- 72% were founders/presidents/captains/vice presidents or secretary-treasurers of a club or group (excluding sports teams).
- 44% earned an athletic award or held an athletic leadership position
- 91% earned an award or held a leadership position in a service or social club.
- 42% earned an award or held a leadership position in a fine arts club.
*based on high schools that provide rank
Congratulations. To those of you who have been admitted, we are thrilled to welcome you to a vibrant, intellectually challenging, and diverse community, and we can’t wait to see what you accomplish once you become a Commodore. You can explore your personalized admitted student page in MyAppVU to hear the inside story on Vanderbilt academics from current students, learn more about student life on campus, and get to know your new home in Nashville. We also invite you to join the Official Class of 2019 Facebook group for admitted students where you can connect with other new ‘Dores and current students. And don’t forget to share your news on Instagram, Twitter, or other social media with the hashtag #vu2019.
From everyone at the Office of Undergraduate Admissions – from Dean of Admissions Douglas Christiansen and Director of Undergraduate Admissions John Gaines to all the admissions counselors, members of the Admissions Processing Center, student workers, tour guides, and student bloggers – Congratulations and Go ‘Dores!
Welcome to Vanderbilt!