Vanderbilt Class of 2015 Admission Decisions Mailed Today
At 1:00 p.m. this afternoon an excited OUA staff filled two USPS mail trucks with admission decisions for the Class of 2015. The past year of recruitment and evaluation resulted in Vanderbilt’s most impressive incoming class in university history. We want to first thank each and every applicant who submitted themselves to our rigorous review process. We worked daily to respect you as more than just a file, but rather as an individual with extraordinary potential to offer our collegiate community. Vanderbilt University is a better place because of you and your vote of confidence. Thank you.
This year our admitted students present the strongest academic credentials ever recorded. The students who will comprise our Class of 2015 also demonstrate talent in a vast array of areas outside of the classroom. Offers of admission went out to world-class musicians and artists, highly skilled athletes, students who sit on national boards and students who go above and beyond the call of duty in their service to communities both local and global. We look forward to these students bringing their intellectual and extracurricular engagement to the Commodore community.
Here is further information on the Class of 2015 applicant pool:
- Vanderbilt received a total of 24,756 applications (this represents a 14% increase in applications from 2010)
- Applications from underrepresented students grew 15.7% from 2010, demonstrating our continued commitment to diversity
- As a result of our increasing international reputation, international applications grew 27.5% from 2010
Highlights of the admitted class include:
- Middle 50% SAT (CR + M): 1440-1590
- Middle 50% ACT: 32-35
- Percent of students in the top ten percent of their graduating class: 93.69%*
- Average rank in class (% from the top): 3.48%*
- Overall admit rate (as of mailing day): 15.45%
- 96% of our admitted students received at least one significant honor or held at least one leadership position while in high school. These include leadership or distinction in the fine arts, service activities, academic groups, and student governance; 90% of our admitted students held two or more honors or leadership positions
*Data reported only for students enrolled in schools that provide exact rank in class information
We provide the above data so that you may contextualize the level of competition within our applicant pool. The above numbers should not be used as cut-offs or requirements. Our holistic review process continues to consider many qualitative factors in the admissions decision.
Congratulations to our admitted students! We want you to be part of the Vanderbilt family. If you have questions please feel free to contact your admissions counselor. For financial aid questions or concerns, contact the Office of Financial Aid and Undergraduate Scholarships directly. We hope you will soon call yourself a Commodore along with our 6,700 current undergraduate students and 120,000 alumni.
For those students offered a place on our waiting list, remember to complete the online response form. We intend to use the waitlist in late spring and early summer in order to complete the Class of 2015. There is no rank to the waitlist; offers of admission from the waitlist correlate to available spots in the four undergraduate colleges. Keep up with the Vanderbilt Admissions Blog for waitlist updates.
If you did not receive an offer of admission or a place on our waitlist, please know that your application received careful review. The size of our application pool is such that we cannot offer admission to each qualified student. There is no doubt in our minds that you will find an excellent collegiate fit and we wish you the best throughout your educational journey.
Our international students will receive an email on Friday, March 25 with the admissions decision. A hard copy of the decision will follow.
If you do not receive an admissions decision by Wednesday, March 30, you may call the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to receive your decision over the phone. We will not release decisions over the phone prior to that date.
Best wishes as you move forward in this exciting time of life!