2011 ED II Decisions Mailed and Total Applications Update
Our Early Decision II letters left OUA this afternoon! ED II applicants will likely receive admission decisions in the mail early next week. Students who do not receive their letters by February 18th may call our office to receive the admissions decision, but we will not release decisions over the phone prior to that date.
The number of students who indicated Vanderbilt as their first choice this year through either Early Decision I or Early Decision II is humbling. Moreover, our Early Decision applicants presented extraordinary academic and personal accomplishments. We report admissions statistics for Early Decision I and II combined; at the conclusion of Early Decision, here is a first glimpse of our incoming Class of 2015:
Early Decision Admitted Student Profile, Vanderbilt University Class of 2015
- Middle 50% SAT: 1380-1510
- Middle 50% ACT: 31-33
- Percent of students in the top ten percent of their graduating class: 91.62%*
- Average rank in class: 4.76%*
- Early Decision Admit Rate: 25.54%
* Data reported only for students enrolled in schools that provide exact rank in class information.
This year’s total ED class has the highest academic profile in Vanderbilt’s history. This group additionally distinguishes themselves by their level of engagement and leadership in high school as well as in state, regional, national, and international organizations. Of the admitted ED students, 96% received one or more significant honors or held leadership positions while in high school. Specifically,
- A large portion held major leadership roles such as Student Body President, Class President, Student Senator, Editor-in-Chief, ROTC Leader, Athletic Team Captains, or MVP of their respective sports teams.
- Many students in this ED class carved their place in the fine arts arena, such as holding lead roles in theatre productions, achieving state level musical awards, or serving as Youth Symphony Concertmasters or Drum Majors.
- An overwhelming number of our Early Decision students received induction into honorary societies like the National Honor Society, National Beta Club or Key Club.
By any measure, this is an extraordinary group of future leaders!
Regular Decision Application Update
As of today we have 24,730 applications for first-time freshman admission. This number represents a 14% increase in applications from last year and the highest number of applications in Vanderbilt’s history. We are fortunate enough to select our Class of 2015 from a diverse pool of students who are both academically strong and socially engaged. As with previous years, we will have an incoming class of approximately 1,600 students who make their first-year home in The Commons at Vanderbilt University. Regular Decision students will receive admission decision letters on or around April 1, 2011.
We are excited to welcome admitted Early Decision II students to the Commodore community!