Early Decision I – Decisions Available Online December 14
Posted by Jay Watson on Friday, December 13, 2013
It’s almost time. After days, weeks, and months spent talking with prospective students, reading impressive applications, and carefully deliberating over tough choices, we are almost ready to release admissions decisions for Early Decision I. This year there’s a new twist to our decision announcement: beginning on December 14, decisions for EDI applicants will be available online through MyAppVU. No more waiting for the mailman, no more hypothesizing about a “fat envelope,” no more worrying that your parents won’t wait for you to get home from school before opening the mail – on December 14, just log in to MyAppVU and find out your decision status (and if you’ve applied for it, any need-based financial aid award information).*
This year’s pool of EDI applicants was the largest, most academically qualified, most diverse, and most superlative-heavy group in Vanderbilt history. We will publish summary statistics after we complete both phases of Early Decision, so once we finish EDII, you can expect to hear more from us about this group and their amazing accomplishments. It’s safe to say that we are incredibly excited about the first members of the Vanderbilt Class of 2018.
The overall quality of the applicant pool also means that this was a highly competitive process. With such a strong pool, we were faced with very difficult decisions, and there were many talented applicants who we were not able to admit. These decisions are a tough part of the process, but they are reached after careful consideration and close study of the applicant pool.
We want to thank each and every student who applied through Early Decision I. The wait is almost over.
*Decision Release Fine Print
- As of December 14, Early Decision I applicants can log into the MyAppVU portal to access admissions decisions. In addition, we recently emailed each EDI applicant with a personalized URL which, beginning on December 14, will lead you directly to your admissions decision.
- MyAppVU is THE WAY to find out your admissions decision. This means that if you have not yet created your MyAppVU account, it is imperative that you do so now. (By the way, we do know that some of you EDI applicants haven’t yet created your account – get on it!)
- If you are an admitted student, please use MyAppVU to claim your spot in the Class of 2018 no later than December 31. Also, please withdraw your application from other schools to which you’ve applied.
- While all students will receive their decisions online via MyAppVU, admitted students will receive additional information in the mail.
- If you experience any difficulty logging in to your MyAppVU account, please email@example.com for technical assistance.