A class visit is one of the best ways to explore academic life at Vanderbilt, meet our dynamic faculty, and interact with current students.
How to Arrange a Vanderbilt Class Visit
- Review the current class visit options at the links below to choose a class to visit. We recommend you also select an alternate in case your first choice is not available.
- Check the holiday and exam schedule below for dates class visits are not available.
- Three to ten days prior to your visit, contact the professors who teach classes you're interested in visiting to be sure your visit doesn't conflict with a field trip, quiz, or other class plans.
- Arrive at class about 10 minutes early and introduce yourself to the professor.
- Stay for the whole class; do not leave in the middle of a discussion or faculty instruction.
- If possible, take the opportunity to speak with students after class.
Spring 2020 Class Visit Schedules
- Peabody College of Education and Human Development — Contact list
- College of Arts & Science — Contact list
(please note: to attend a Spanish class, please contact the appropriate area coordinator)
- School of Engineering — Contact list
- Blair School of Music — Contact list
Sprin 2020 Holiday and Final Exam Schedule
Class visits are not available on the following days:
- January 20: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 29 - March 8: Spring Break
- April 21-30: Reading days and final exams
Note: class plans may change on a daily basis. Please contact the professor before you plan your visit.
To make the most of this opportunity, consider the following tips:
- Select a few different classes that work with your visit schedule in case one of your choices has a test or exam, or is not meeting on the day you are visiting.
- Arrive 10 minutes early and introduce yourself to the professor.
- Please stay the entire class; do not leave in the middle of a discussion or faculty instruction.
- If possible, take the opportunity to speak with students after the seminar or lecture.
- Turn off your cell phone; refrain from taking flash pictures and videos.
- Do not bring younger siblings or parents to class.