A class visit is one of the best ways to explore academic life at Vanderbilt, meet our dynamic faculty, and interact with current students.
All undergraduate recruitment events, including class visits, are suspended until further notice. See VirtualVU for online visit options.
How to Arrange a Vanderbilt Class Visit
- Review the current class visit options at the links below to choose a class to visit. We recommend you also select an alternate in case your first choice is not available.
- Check the holiday and exam schedule below for dates class visits are not available.
- Three to ten days prior to your visit, contact the professors who teach classes you're interested in visiting to be sure your visit doesn't conflict with a field trip, quiz, or other class plans.
- Arrive at class about 10 minutes early and introduce yourself to the professor.
- Stay for the whole class; do not leave in the middle of a discussion or faculty instruction.
- If possible, take the opportunity to speak with students after class.
Fall 2020 Class Visit Schedules
No scheduled visits at this time.
- Peabody College of Education and Human Development — Contact list
- College of Arts & Science — Contact list
(please note: to attend a Spanish class, please contact the appropriate area coordinator)
- School of Engineering — Contact list
- Blair School of Music — Contact list
To make the most of this opportunity, consider the following tips:
- Select a few different classes that work with your visit schedule in case one of your choices has a test or exam, or is not meeting on the day you are visiting.
- Arrive 10 minutes early and introduce yourself to the professor.
- Please stay the entire class; do not leave in the middle of a discussion or faculty instruction.
- If possible, take the opportunity to speak with students after the seminar or lecture.
- Turn off your cell phone; refrain from taking flash pictures and videos.
- Do not bring younger siblings or parents to class.