Letters Are Out…
Decisions are officially out the door. We have an annual tradition where we dress down on mailing day, load the mail truck, and clean the office from top to bottom. The letters are on their way to your doorstep as we speak. Just a reminder, we will not release decisions over the phone until Thursday, April 3rd, so give your letter some time to arrive before you call us up. :)
As we have often discussed in this forum, Vanderbilt approaches the review of your application in a holistic way, considering the applicant in his or her totality. This year, our applicant pool featured an amazing depth of personal and scholastic excellence. The level of energy, passion, leadership, and commitment to a range of ideals (diversity, community, humanity, service, etc) we saw in this year’s applications was truly inspiring. These are the true intangibles that will be the hallmark of this 2012 incoming class.
From a numbers perspective, this year’s Vanderbilt applicant pool was truly historic:
- As of today, we have received a record 16,875 applications, the most ever at Vanderbilt. That’s compared to 12,911 total applications last year, officially a 30.7% overall increase.
- The amazing growth in the ethnic diversity of Vanderbilt’s community continues as record numbers of students of color as well as international students applied.
As far as some statistics on the admitted students for the Vanderbilt class of 2012:
- 23% overall admit rate (Regular and Early Decision I & II combined)
- SAT middle 50%: (CR & M) 1380 – 1540
- ACT middle 50%: 31-34
- 92% of all admitted students were in the top ten percent of their high school’s graduating class
After countless hours spent reading your applications and discussing (sometimes heatedly) the merits of a student, we take a very brief moment to celebrate. The admissions staff is humbled by the quality of our applicants, and wish to congratulate the admitted class of 2012.
The Decision Bush. Like clockwork it blooms the week we mail.