Contact a Student
Send a message to Adam Taylor
Learn more about Adam
A few reasons:
1. Nashville is one of the most exciting cities to live in
2. We have a beautiful campus within that city (a national arboretum, in fact)
3. The size of the school means that you'll always run into old friends but can still meet new people
4. People are competitive with themselves but collaborative with each other
5. Faculty are accessible and want to help you
6. Students always want to learn from each other and try new things
7. Good balance between academics and extracurriculars
Okay, so I guess that was more than a few, but really I could go on and on about all the reasons why.
Describe a favorite activity/organization and why you like it.
My sophomore year I participated in Dancing with the Dores, which is an event where students represent 22 different Vanderbilt organizations in a Latin Dance competition. Although my partner and I didn't win, we became good friends and had a lot of fun learning to salsa dance together!
Describe a favorite class and why you like it.
Definitely a Maymester I took called Cultural Studies in the Andes. During this summer study abroad course, I got to immerse myself in Peruvian culture, improve my Spanish, and hike Machu Picchu alongside one of my favorite professors at Vanderbilt.
Describe your experience becoming a part of the Vanderbilt community.
The Commons makes it really easy. My first year house (shoutout West) was an instant community for me without even having to go out of my way to find it. Then at the org. fair, I signed up for a few organizations that also helped me become a part of the greater Vanderbilt community.
What are your favorite books?
Who are your favorite music artists?
The Black Keys, Young the Giant
What are your favorite TV shows or Movies?
Friends, Gran Torino, The Prestige, A Better Life