Joint Travel Programs
Thank you for visiting our Joint Travel page. Please check back frequently to see where Vanderbilt admissions representatives and our peers are traveling together next.
- Coast to Coast College Tour
- Dartmouth, Northwestern, Princeton, Vanderbilt, and University of Virginia in Southern California
- Vanderbilt Tufts Vassar Joint Travel
- International Joint Travel
- SEC College Tour
Each spring and fall, admissions representatives from Dartmouth College, Northwestern University, Princeton University, University of California-Berkeley, and Vanderbilt University collaborate on a series of events across the country designed to educate students and parents on selective admissions, financial aid, and the common admissions philosophy shared among the five institutions. Students and parents are encouraged to take this opportunity to speak informally with admissions representatives as well as to explore the defining characteristics of each school.
The Coast to Coast College Tour is hitting the road in April and May. Visit the Coast to Coast website to learn more.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and you should receive a response within 48 hours.
This summer, admissions representatives from Dartmouth College, Northwestern University, Princeton University, Vanderbilt University, and the University of Virginia will be traveling together to Southern California for several recruitment events. Through this joint travel partnership, students and their families will have the opportunity to hear from five leading undergraduate institutions which share a common admissions philosophy.
These events will include information about selective college admissions and financial aid, a brief overview of each institution, and a chance to speak informally with admissions representatives.
Learn more about this joint travel program.
Each fall, representatives from Vanderbilt University, Tufts University, and Vassar College host joint information sessions in a number of cities. Lasting 90 minutes, these events provide students and parents with a general overview of highly selective college admissions, the admissions/financial aid processes at all three institutions, and an introduction to the respective schools. There is also time to ask questions and chat with the school representatives.
- Charleston, SC - Sunday, October 19
- Savannah, GA - Monday, October 20
- Jacksonville, FL - Tuesday, October 21
- Tampa, FL - Wednesday, October 22
Each fall, representatives from Northwestern University, Princeton University, and Vanderbilt University host joint information sessions at various European locations. Lasting approximately 90 minutes, each session introduces students and parents to the distinct qualities that define all three institutions as well the common admissions philosophy shared among them. These events also dive into the finer details of the selection process, how financial aid works, resources for international students, and more.
- London, UK - September, 29
- Oxford, UK - September 30
- Paris, France - October 6
- Madrid, Spain (American School) - October 7
- Madrid, Spain (Colegio Nuestra Señora del Recuerdo) - October 8
- Athens, Greece - October 9
- Izmir, Turkey - October 10
- Istanbul, Turkey (Robert College) - October 12
- Istanbul, Turkey (Üsküdar American Academy) - October 13
Each fall and spring, representatives from Rice University, Cornell University, The University of Chicago, and Vanderbilt University host joint information sessions at various overseas locations. Each session introduces students and parents to the distinct qualities that define all four institutions as well the common admissions philosophy shared among them. These events also dive into the finer details of the selection process, how financial aid works, resources for international students, and more.
- Seoul, South Korea - September 14
- Taipei, Taiwan - September 16
- Hong Kong - September 18
- Hanoi, Vietnam - September 21
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam - September 22
- Singapore - September 24
- Beijing, China (Hilton Beijing Wangfujing) - October 8
- Beijing, China (UChicago Center in Beijing) - October 9
- Guangzhou, China - October 12
- Shanghai, China (The Hyatt on the Bund) - October 15
- Shanghai, China (Shanghai American School-Puxi) - October 18
Rice University, Johns Hopkins University, The University of Chicago, and Vanderbilt University host joint information sessions in India. The meetings will include a brief update from each university followed by an open discussion about selection practices, financial aid opportunities, and other issues that interest you most. Register at the links below.
Duke University, Georgetown University, Northwestern University, and Vanderbilt University host joint information sessions in Canada. The meetings will include a brief update from each university followed by an open discussion about selection practices, financial aid opportunities, and other issues that interest you most.
- Montreal, Canada - September 29
- Toronto, Canada - September 30
- Vancouver, Canada (Rockridge Senior School) - October 2
- Vancouver, Canada (St. George's School) - October 2
The SEC College Tour is a joint travel partnership among the 14 schools of the SEC. High school students and counselors are invited to three college fairs to gain insight on a variety of key admissions topics direct from deans and directors of admissions from each university.
Additionally, a breakfast will be held for counselors in each city the morning after each college fair. This is your opportunity to hear individual presentations from each school and to engage in informal conversation with your colleagues. Registration for the counselor breakfast is required and is limited to two counselors per high school.