Joint Travel Programs
Thank you for visiting our Joint Travel page. Please check back frequently to see where Vanderbilt admissions representatives and our peers are traveling together next.
Page Menu (Click to be directed to the intended program.)
- Coast to Coast College Tour
- SEC College Tour
- Dartmouth, Northwestern, Princeton, Vanderbilt, and University of Virginia in Southern California
- Vanderbilt Tufts Vassar Joint Travel
- International Joint Travel
Each spring and fall, admissions representatives from Dartmouth College, Northwestern University, Princeton University, University of California-Berkeley, and Vanderbilt University collaborate on a series of events across the country designed to educate students and parents on selective admissions, financial aid, and the common admissions philosophy shared among the five institutions. Students and parents are encouraged to take this opportunity to speak informally with admissions representatives as well as to explore the defining characteristics of each school.
All Spring 2013 Coast to Coast events are at capacity. Learn more about the program on the Coast to Coast website.
Spring travel dates and cities are listed below. Please be aware that all dates and locations are subject to change.
- Cleveland, OH (Event is full) — Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Cleveland - Independence — April 28, 2013, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Detroit, MI (Event is full) — Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac at Centerpoint — April 29, 2013, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Chicago, IL (Event is full) — Chicago Marriott Oak Brook — April 30, 2013, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Milwaukee, WI (Event is full) — Hilton Milwaukee City Center — May 1, 2013, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Minneapolis, MN (Event is full) — Minneapolis Marriott West — May 2, 2013, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Boston, MA (Event is full) — Boston Marriott Burlington — May 19, 2013, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Tarrytown, NY (Event is full) — Doubletree Hotel Tarrytown — May 20, 2013, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Long Island, NY (Event is full) — Melville Marriott Long Island — May 21, 2013, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Philadelphia, PA (Event is full) — Sheraton Valley Forge — May 22, 2013, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Washington D.C. (Montgomery County) (Event is full) — Washington Marriott — May 23, 2013, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
The SEC College Tour is a joint travel partnership among the 14 schools of the SEC. High school students and counselors are invited to three college fairs to gain insight on a variety of key admissions topics direct from deans and directors of admissions from each university.
Additionally, a breakfast will be held for counselors in each city the morning after each college fair. This is your opportunity to hear individual presentations from each school and to engage in informal conversation with your colleagues. Registration for the counselor breakfast is required and is limited to two counselors per high school.
Dates, locations, and registration for the next SEC College Tour will be posted as soon as they come available.
This summer, admissions representatives from Dartmouth College, Northwestern University, Princeton University, Vanderbilt University, and the University of Virginia will be traveling together to Southern California for several recruitment events. Through this joint travel partnership, students and their families will have the opportunity to hear from five leading undergraduate institutions which share a common admissions philosophy.
These events will include information about selective college admissions and financial aid, a brief overview of each institution, and a chance to speak informally with admissions representatives.
We invite you to join us by registering below. Learn more about this joint travel program.
- Pasadena, CA — The Westin Pasadena — June 2, 2013, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Los Angeles, CA — Los Angeles Airport Marriott Hotel — June 2, 2013, 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Santa Barbara, CA — Fess Parker's Doubletree Resort — June 3, 2013, 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- San Bernardino, CA — Hilton San Bernardino — June 4, 2013, 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Irvine, CA — Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport — June 5, 2013, 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- San Diego, CA — Westin San Diego — June 6, 2013, 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Each fall, representatives from Vanderbilt University, Tufts University, and Vassar College host joint information sessions in a number of cities. Lasting 90 minutes, these events provide students and parents with a general overview of highly selective college admissions, the admissions/financial aid processes at all three institutions, and an introduction to the respective schools. There is also time to ask questions and chat with the school representatives.
Dates and locations for the next VTV Tour will be posted as soon as they come available.
Each fall and spring, representatives from The University of Chicago, Rice University, and Vanderbilt University host joint information sessions at various overseas locations. Lasting approximately 90 minutes, each session introduces students and parents to the distinct qualities that define all three institutions as well the common admissions philosophy shared among them. These events also dive into the finer details of the selection process, how financial aid works, resources for international students, and more.
Dates, locations, and registration for the next international joint travel events will be posted as soon as they come available.