Since I’ve come to Nashville, my obsession with food has grown exponentially. This is mostly due to the fact that there are so many good restaurants here. My list of favorite places is constantly getting longer, but here’s a few of my recent favorites!
- Thai Phooket. I have only been here once with my ASB group, but the pad thai was delicious, rivaling the Smiling Elephant. While on the outside, Thai Phooket looks like a sketchy trailer in a random location, there is a reason it is always packed with fellow Thai food lovers.
- Bombay Palace. Perhaps it’s the fact that I’m getting older, perhaps it’s the fact that my taste buds are changing, but in the past year or so, I have come to love Indian food. This place does not disappoint, and it’s also within walking distance of campus! I normally order the chicken tikka masala because I’m not the biggest fan of spicy food, but if you can handle it, I’d say go for it!
- Jack’s Bar-B-Que. Jack’s is my go-to restaurant when eating downtown on Broadway. The barbecue is incredible and there is almost always a line out the door. It’s also perfect for getting the full Southern experience.
- Athen’s Family Restaurant. My family is borderline addicted to the Food Network, so my mom has started looking up where the show Drive Ins, Diners, and Dives has visited on every road trip, which is not a problem when you find places like this. I am 50% Greek, so I grew up eating Greek food, and I naturally fell in love with all of the dishes they have here.
- Cafe Coco. I have eaten at Cafe Coco a ton this year, mostly because it’s a five-minute walk from my dorm AND it’s on the card. Open 24 hours, which is so convenient when you’re starving late at night, I have not had a bad meal here yet. They also have a ton of options, from pasta to the famous Turkey Rockefeller sandwich, and they even serve breakfast food all day!
In these next few weeks, I’m trying to visit my favorites one last time. I’m definitely going to miss Nashville’s restaurants this summer!