From all of us at the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, congratulations on being admitted to Vanderbilt University! We know you've worked tirelessly to get here, and we are thrilled to welcome you to the Class of 2017.
There are a few steps left to finalize your place in the class*:
- Submit your signed candidate reply form and $400 matriculation deposit (via mail).
- Students admitted to Vanderbilt through Early Decision must notify all other schools to which they've applied and withdraw their applications.
- Complete the CSS Profile and FAFSA (if you have not already done so and intend to apply for need-based aid). (Contact the Office of Financial Aid and Undergraduate Scholarships with any questions regarding financial aid.)
*Are you an international student? Visit this page instead to view information specifically for you.
After your matriculation deposit is processed, you will receive an email from the Registrar's office with instructions on how to set up your VUnetID, which will allow you access to your Vanderbilt email, and the ability to access various campus sites. In addition, you will receive a copy of the Road to Vanderbilt, which contains details about transitioning to Vanderbilt. An electronic version of the Road to Vanderbilt is now available on The Ingram Commons' Class of 2017 site, along with several other resources for students who have made the decision to attend Vanderbilt.
Admitted student visit opportunities
Several visit opportunities are available for admitted students throughout the spring. Whether you're interested in getting a closer look at Vanderbilt's prestigious academic programs and research opportunities, or desire to spend some time getting to know current Vanderbilt students, there is a program designed for you.
- Learn more and register for an admitted student visit program
Connect with fellow new 'Dores
Your incoming class is filled with young men and women from all over the world and everyone is bringing a unique set of skills, interests, and talents to campus. At The Martha Rivers Ingram Commons, you will develop relationships with each other that will have an enormous impact in your life at Vanderbilt and beyond. So why wait to become acquainted?
A few ways to begin meeting each other now:
- Join the Official Class of 2017 Facebook Page
- Find future friends on Twitter and Instagram by tagging your tweets and photos with the hashtag #vu2017
- Broadcast your Black & Gold pride on YouTube and tag your videos "vu2017"
- Watch the excitement of your new classmates unfold on Storify
- Download Class of 2017 swag to display via social media and on your desktop, laptop, or mobile device
A few nuts and bolts
Once again, congratulations to the Class of 2017! Move-In Day will be here soon.
Until then, learn more about life at Vanderbilt, the great city of Nashville, research opportunities, and more. And don't hesitate to reach out to your admissions counselor or a current student with questions.
Enjoy a video featuring last year's Move-In Day below — this is the warm welcome you can expect on August 17, 2013.